Fan problem with Pentair MiniMax pool heater

May 23, 2014
bloomington, in
I have a inground pool with a Pentair MiniMax pool heater installed in 2006. As of a couple of nights ago the heater will not start and I beleive this is because the Fan is not running correctly.

I beleive the start capacitor may be the issue, but i am not sure. The motor does not always start, but when it does get started by itself or by manually starting it, it does not run at full speed. I get very little airflow and the motor gets quite hot.

Does this sound like a run capacitor issue?

other suggestions

If you both have a forced draft pool heater, it is likely that the fan motor bearings need to be oiled. Furnace oil would be the thing to use. You may have to remove the fan and disassemble it to oil it.

@Marty -- You didn't say in your other thread that you have a forced draft heater. The vacuum switch is there to ensure you have airflow through the combustion tubes before the main valve is allowed to open.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.