New Liner and Well Fill - PICS

jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
Got our new liner installed this week.. Love it! I was a little apprehensive on filling the water from our well, but I am 3/4 of the way there (12 hours at a time) and so far so good. Notice the stained steps.. I figured I had some metal issues, but I had the water tested today at PS and no metals found (TFT kit on the way).. I find that hard to believe there is no metal given the steps and well water.

I was able to clean up the step stains using pressure washer and softscrub. Here are the current numbers:

TDS: 200
CYA: 20
TC: .5
FC: 0
pH: 8.1
TA: 155
TH: 190
Iron: 0
Manganese: 0

Thoughts?

My first idea was to get more chlorine added and add a bit more CYA.

14250988972_c33923fc53_b.jpg

14253172365_3d55fa9106_b.jpg

14066554890_a720a351fd_b.jpg

14249857271_d6dd13321d_b.jpg

14066588787_434521148d_b.jpg

14253171405_a32050d13a_b.jpg

Thx! Nice to start fresh. PB left me about half dozen of those little 1lb "shock" bags. Should I even bother using those up or go right to bleach?
That depends on which one of three possibilities the "shock" is, and can you use the side effects?

If you go to poolmath and plug in your pool's volume and then scroll down to Effects of Adding Chemicals, it will tell you what each chemical will do to your chemistry. So if your pH is on the high side, dichlor or trichlor would be great. Add some CYA almost instantly, chlorinate, and add acid in one shot. If CH is low and you have Cal-hypo "shock", it's also win-win. But if you don't need the side effects, don't use it.

We're not opposed to using any form of chlorine here, as long as the side effects are beneficial.

You need to get that pH down. You can fix the green with a sequesterant.

I really like that dark blue liner. I usually stick with lighter colors but I'd like to see an update on this when it's all clear and ready to swim! :goodjob:

Heh.. yeah PS was full of it! Typical. I a bit surprised the pool turned so quickly considering the PB put a sequestering agent in when we started the fill. I emailed him to see how much he added.

So my plan now is to use MA to get the pH down a bit and then add more sequestering agent to clear it up. I also plan to get a slime bag which should help filter out the metal right? Any other suggestions?

PS.. I am running a cartridge filter now.. but PB is installing a sand here in a few weeks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok making progress.. I emailed PB and he said he put in 4 qts of "Unique"??? when we started the fill. I would assume that's a sequestering agent. I also let him know the pool went green when I added the 1lb bag of shock. He advised I put in 10lbs of GLB Super Sequa-Sol. My pool is only about 16k gallons. PS said usually 3-4 qts of sequestering agent should be enough. I went ahead and added 1qt of "Pool Style Super Metal Control". I also had some SUN pH down so I added a 1.5lbs of that as well. I will take new numbers tonight. PS tested water again and they said iron was 2ppm. So not too bad.

Am I on the right track here?

I've never used a sequesterant. How does the water look now that you added it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.