Tank for liquid chlorine

echo

Jul 30, 2013
western new york
I was able to locate a tank from a water softener system in the trash. It is the brine (softening salt + water) tank. I am thinking of using it for a stenner chlorination project. It appears to be around 30-40 gal in size and has a nice large removable lid. Anyone see any problems using this for my liquid chlorine storage tank?

Will you use that much chlorine before it starts to lose it's potency?
Also, a large removable lid isn't a necessity.
I, and many others, use a 15 gallon drum such as this

S_17007_M.jpg

Will you use that much chlorine before it starts to lose it's potency?
Also, a large removable lid isn't a necessity.
I, and many others, use a 15 gallon drum such as this

S_17007_M.jpg

Once I got home, I did an actual measurement of the tank and its 22.5 gallons when filled a couple inches from the top. I get my chlorine in 5 gal carboys and when full they are a bit hard to pour without splashing and was thinking that the large removable top would be nice; rather than using a big funnel to fill the holding tank.... plus the price was right (free). I just wondering if bleach is compatible with the plastic this tank is made of.

I bought the original stenner tank, 7.5 gallons, as I didn't want to mount my pump on anything external... I wanted it to be a stand alone unit, so I could just throw it in next to my filter and solar pump in my equipment box... :) This unit is the coolest little thing... Made to fit... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.