Removing metals from fill water

bboehm

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2007
Cary, IL
I recall a post from Ben on PoolSolutions where he talked about a method to remove metals from fill water. I believe he said to load up one of your skimmer baskets with chlorine pucks and fill directly through the pucks. From what I recall, I believe he said the high chlorine concentration in the skimmer basket would cause the metals to precipitate out of the water as the fill water passed through the pucks and would then be removed as the water passed through your filter.

My fill water (well) has extremely high levels of iron and I am wondering if anyone can confirm whether or not this process may help to eliminate most of the iron.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Another option might be the filters sold by one of the pool catalog places. I think it's In The Swim. You just use it on the hose while filling. No experience, but I'd try it if I had the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.