This is my 3rd year using the BBB method. My current test results:
FC 6.5
CC .5
TC 7
PH 7.2
TA 80
CH 160
CYA 30

I've learned a lot but still learning. My PH was 7.9 yesterday so I added muriatic acid to drop it because of some calcium scaling on the pool walls. My TA tends to be low. Should I raise my TA a little? Calcium scaling was horrible last year (after winterizing) and it is mild this year compared to last. I did have to add 2 gallons of muriatic acid when I opened the pool to drop the PH from the winter months. Our pool is in the open and constantly gets hit with Oklahoma winds. I am also raising my CYA to 40.

I would leave the TA where it is. Your biggest concern should be holding that pH down into the low 7's (even in the winter) and your scaling problems should disappear.

CYA of 40, even 50 in Oklahoma, is a bit better than 30.

Ok, thanks. I was thinking 50 on CYA. I will raise it more. How do you keep PH low during winter months without having the pump/filter attached to the pool? We kept it on til threat of freeze and then opened early this year after last freeze. My PH was in proper range when I closed it. Maybe there is a simple answer? Like I said, I am always learning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.