Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oasis Z5 Question - Stuck on bottom grates

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: Oasis Z5 Question - Stuck on bottom grates

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup View Post
    You've made this statement three different times including this post. The first three posts you've made on this forum were with this statement.

The answer to your problem is in at least two of these threads. The main drain covers seems to be the answer to the problem for everyone having this issue.

As for Epic not answering or getting back to you, I can't say, but they were helpful to me when I was shopping for a cleaner, and as far as I know, good with other purchasers of Dolphin products.
    Exactly, I've tried to get support on Z5 for 3 weeks with zero replies, then I take a few minutes to post online and like magic they respond to one of my requests, if that's what it takes I'll post the same thing in every forum online.
    By the way, the answer was contact dolphin, they will absolutely be able to help you.
    Dolphins response:
    "We do not have anything that would help but there are two different drain covers:

Unicover made by Polaris
    Smart Ring made by SmartPool

You could contact them."

So for all of you who want actual answers, there it is, they can't help you so try contacting two other companies!

2. Back To Top    #22

25k IG vinyl SWG Haywood 4830de 1.5hp TF-100

3. Back To Top    #23

Quote Originally Posted by RCB13 View Post
    Sure, it's just a sloped raised piece that clips onto suction hole/slit on bottom, never got stuck after this addition, however this is my 'backup' robot and needs some work to get working good again since older machine that's been borrowed quite a few times.
    Thanks! it's called a High Velocity Inlet. It wasn't stock on my Tigershark so I wonder what problem it solves ( beside getting stuck on a main drain).
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade, Maytronics Active 30i cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir, WS
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013

4. Back To Top    #24

Is this a common problem with the M5/Z5? I was planning to order the Z5 but now am having second thoughts. Is the issue the shape/height or location of openings?
    My cover is similar to this:
    http://bluewavepoolspa.com/images/po...n-covers-1.jpg
    13,000 gal, IG vinyl, Hayward sand filter, Hayward Super Pump VS, Aquarite t-15 swg, Laars Lite 2 LG heater

5. Back To Top    #25

Quote Originally Posted by abfab View Post
    Is this a common problem with the M5/Z5? I was planning to order the Z5 but now am having second thoughts. Is the issue the shape/height or location of openings?
    My cover is similar to this:
    http://bluewavepoolspa.com/images/po...n-covers-1.jpg
    I have a Z5 with zero issues. I'm wondering if pool finish type makes a difference? I have pebbletec and maybe the coarse nature of it gives better traction?

6. Back To Top    #26

No problems with my Z5 either. But my drain cover fortunately sits pretty flat so my experience might not be yours.
    26k Gunite freeform pool w/spa, Pentair CCP520, Pentair Mastertemp heater, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Dolphin Oasis Z5

Bob

7. Back To Top    #27

Quote Originally Posted by TWong1200 View Post
    I have a Z5 with zero issues. I'm wondering if pool finish type makes a difference? I have pebbletec and maybe the coarse nature of it gives better traction?
    This is a good point. My pool is vinyl, so there isn't much traction at all.
    34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin Oasis Z5

8. Back To Top    #28

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_k View Post
    This is a good point. My pool is vinyl, so there isn't much traction at all.
    I bet this is a huge factor.

9. Back To Top    #29

I bet this is a huge factor.
    I have a vinyl pool. Does that mean its more likely to be a problem? Any idea if that would cause a problem with it climbing walls too?
    13,000 gal, IG vinyl, Hayward sand filter, Hayward Super Pump VS, Aquarite t-15 swg, Laars Lite 2 LG heater

10. Back To Top    #30

Quote Originally Posted by abfab View Post
    I have a vinyl pool. Does that mean its more likely to be a problem? Any idea if that would cause a problem with it climbing walls too?
    I've not noticed any issues with it climbing walls in my vinyl pool. Even in the deep end it's able to climb to the surface.
    34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin Oasis Z5

11. Back To Top    #31

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_k View Post
    I've not noticed any issues with it climbing walls in my vinyl pool. Even in the deep end it's able to climb to the surface.
    In don't think he has issues with it climbing his vinyl pool. The issue is going over the mains and getting stuck there

12. Back To Top    #32

In don't think he has issues with it climbing his vinyl pool. The issue is going over the mains and getting stuck there
    He asked "Any idea if that would cause a problem with it climbing walls too?" - "that" being the fact that he has a vinyl pool.

13. Back To Top    #33

Hello, I know this is a very old thread. But I'm hoping to resurrect for some new ideas. I have the Oasis Z5 and it always gets stuck at the main drains. It works fantastic when it doesn't. I have a pebble tec pool and have two main drains (10" aquastar) that sits pretty high. This is where trouble starts. We tried the Polaris unicovers - but they are too small. They can't go around all 10" of the drain. I just saw that there is another option someone else posted called the smartring main drain. I googled, but there is no information about dimensions. Does anyone know whether it would fit a larger diameter drain? I have tried to "retrofit" the unicovers so the circle could be larger (by unscrewing outer ring and using zip ties) but it has not been that successful.
    I really like my Z5 - as it is an investment - but need to solve the issue with it getting stuck at the drain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12