Yearly Intex Setup

Jun 14, 2011
We have a Intex Ultra 16x48 and have used it for the past three years. The pool has been great. I setup the pool each spring and take down in the fall. Setup includes black polyethelene tarp and 1/4" fanfold foam insulation. I like to think that the 1/4" foam helps protect and foot feel. I never went with the thicker foams because of the price. Currently spend $100 yearly on the 1/4" fanfold ($50 for 4'x50'). Does 1/4" foam really make a difference? At the end of the season I throw out the foam as it looks pretty beat up from pool weight and moisture.

Tough to swallow spending $100 on foam each season. My family is talking about retiring our current pool and upgrading to the 22x52 ... so that will increase foam price even more!

So is putting down 1/4" foam worth it? Thoughts? Alternatives?

Thanks

I would put down some sand and then a tarp, but that is my $.02 worth, mine sits on 16"x16" patio pavers (Deck doubled as a basketball area in the 'off-season' but have left pool up for 3 seasons yeah yeah I know) but this fall taking down pool, will rip up the pavers and relocate them to other areas of the yard. then sand goes down, a tarp and then an 18' or bigger pool :)

Have you thought about just leaving the pool up all winter and just winterizing it? You could save $100 in foam next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.