Adding a Hayward Thru-the-Wall Skimmer to Intex Metal Frame Pool (PICS!

Just wondering if there was a reason you chose the standard mouth width versus the wide-mouth version? Thinking I should add one to a 16 x 32 Ultra Frame Rectangular pool when I get it set up from the start here shortly...?
And the customer questions on Amazon say this won't work on a soft sided AGP but only the metal walled ones, but clearly they are wrong, right? :p

K9, I did just that last year. It has been the best upgrade that I have done to me Intex 18' X 52" Ultra frame pool to date. here is the pictures to show what I did. Pool Plumbing Pictures Slideshow by reaper1964 | Photobucket ... I hope this helps ! Also, I read somewhere on here that on a rectangle Intex pool that the skimmer does not sit level when installed. Not sure why, but you might want to research that.

K9, I did just that last year. It has been the best upgrade that I have done to me Intex 18' X 52" Ultra frame pool to date. here is the pictures to show what I did. Pool Plumbing Pictures Slideshow by reaper1964 | Photobucket ... I hope this helps ! Also, I read somewhere on here that on a rectangle Intex pool that the skimmer does not sit level when installed. Not sure why, but you might want to research that.

Nice pics. Question, does the widemouth gain you more water depth? Reason I ask is that I would like to put a Hayward skimmer on my 14X42 Ultra Frame pool. It sits on concrete which is slightly sloped. And the skimmer would need to go on the deep side of the pool where the pump is, meaning that if I had to bring the water level down a square or 2, it would be very noticeable on the shallow side of the pool, possibly showing 3- 4 squares.

I just cut apart my gasket. There is flash on the halves of the gasket that were joined. Do I have to try and trim that so each side of the gasket is perfectly flat ? Or will it be okay as long as the flat sides of each gasket is facing the liner of the pool ? Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Has anyone done this on a 48" deep. I have a 20'x48 and last summer i bought the skimmer but didnt have time to install. Over the winter I started have regrets because I dont want to lose water depth. I keep ours above the seam to have a deep as water as we can. How high up the skimmer can the water be and still function correctly. I know what the manufacture says but surely a little higher is ok.

alot of pools came with a skimmer such as this. However, I would never put it higher than it should be nor fill the water up past it's fill line. Reason being.. the water pressure(exerted force from inside to outside the pool) is at it's weakest point toward the top. This is waiting for the pool to explode basically. I cut mine- with the original hole at the very bottom corner of the square hole I had to cut.

Has anyone done this on a 48" deep. I have a 20'x48 and last summer i bought the skimmer but didnt have time to install. Over the winter I started have regrets because I dont want to lose water depth. I keep ours above the seam to have a deep as water as we can. How high up the skimmer can the water be and still function correctly. I know what the manufacture says but surely a little higher is ok.

We added it to our 20ft x 48” deep Intex pool last year, but not above the seam. We put it right against it though. We just didn’t want to risk it eventually ripping the seam outwards if we cut through it to put the skimmer there. We no longer have this pool (when we took it down last summer, the pokes were rusted and crumbled in our hands) but I have zero regrets spending the money on it. It saved me so much time scooping leaves and bugs.
3bbcce647fc6d7d35ef771c01263926e.jpg
6e6b3209f21095d59941187c14a804ff.jpg

I installed a thru wall skimmer in my 18’ x 48” with zero issues. There is a link to the install in my signature.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.