Intex ultraframe--which to upgrade first-- sand filter or saltwater system?

May 23, 2014
Lapeer MI
Hi,

I have a 22' ultraframe I bought last year. The pump/filter wasn't adequate to filter our well water last year. I had wanted to buy a sand filter/saltwater system combo this spring, but my budget won't allow it yet. But, in looking at amazon, I think I can buy these things separately. SO, which should I buy first--the sand filter, or the saltwater system? Then, would I be able to add the other component later on this summer without draining the pool?

One more question--I'm confused about sizes. What size sand filter and saltwater system is best? My pool says it holds 11,000 gallons.

Thanks so so much!

Teresa

Welcome to TFP. Buy the sand filter first and manually dose the pool this year with liquid Chlorine. You can learn how to do that here in Pool School. Also, while you're shopping for a new sand filter,
get a reliable test kit. You can check them out here :lookhere: Test Kit Comparison. You will get more reagents with the TF100. Good Luck! :goodjob:

Hi, welcome to TFP! Buy the sand filter first. You want to get the largest filter you can afford. If you are sticking with Intex brand products their 3000 GPH sand filter/pump combo would be the best choice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.