Help with identifying a part for an above ground

Tburg

May 22, 2014
canada
Plug.jpgWe are in the process of putting up a new used above ground. I would really appreciate help with labelling a part so I can purchase pieces that were damaged while taking apart the pool for relocation: In the post caps there were small plugs that needed to be removed with pliers before the two parts of the caps could be removed. In any diagrams I have found they are screws and not these little plugs. The plugs are aesthetically pleasing and I believe their purpose is to prevent the lower screws from rusting. Does anyone know what these plugs are called or where they can be purchased (as in a pool supply store)? They are not listed in the parts I have been able to find for Sonesta Above Ground Pools. Thanks so much for any direction!

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP Tburg. :wave:

Can you post pics of these plugs you speak of?

Well Tburg, this just stumps me and it seems as though it is something maybe the original owner decided to use instead of screws? I don't know.

It's called a plastic push rivet. If the local mom&pop hardware store doesn't have it, check the parts department at a car dealership. Toyota uses all kinds of those things in about 5 sizes.

For future reference, you push in on the center and it pops through and you pull the whole thing out and push the center back through when you're ready to reassemble. Then you push it flush and it expands and locks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.