Polaris 360 gets stuck in shallow end walls

Hey guys,

Like my title states, I just purchased a Polaris 360 for my pool. My pool specs are as follows:

16'x32'
Figure 8
3ft shallow end
8.5ft deep end
Approximately 20,000 gallons
Chlorine
Waterco 1HP Pump
Hayward S200 Sand Filter

My Polaris 360 works fine, except for the fact that it gets on the walls of the shallow end. When the backup valve engages, it returns back to the deep end, then it returns to the shallow end and gets stuck again. Is this normal for the 360? I have added the included restrictor, and even put in a plug on my shallow end return jet (Only two return jets), checked all hose fittings, etc., and the most RPMs I can get is 25. Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated on why it keeps getting stuck on the shallow end walls. Thanks guys!!

I thought restrictor is supposed to reduce RPMs. I would start by removing it and checking RPMs to get it up to 28-32.
Sorry, I cannot help any more as I have exactly the same issue with my Polaris, but mine is at 32 RPMs, jet is at 11 o'clock and float all the way in - it still cannot clime 90 degree walls. Would love to see more responses.

Problem fixed :) Attach/tape some weight at the back of the float. Takes time to get the weight right, but fixes the issue. The problem is that the back of your cleaner is too light (or rear jet is too weak) and you need to somehow push the back of 360 down (or nose up) - still need to figure out why my particular cleaner is doing that...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.