DIY waterfall plumbing HELP !! Can i drill a return thru my pool wall or ??

Jul 16, 2013
DIY waterfall plumbing HELP !! Can i drill a return thru my pool wall or ??

i was thinking of drilling a return line thru my wall bout 12 inchs below waterline and use that to run pvc to
pump for my waterfalls .... here are some pics please ignore all the stuff in the pool was a windy day and all go
blown out of dumpster into pool ....fyi will be getting replasted in few days ....

click to view images http://goo.gl/5iH1xg

why cant i post images ??? 100k images says to large ?
5iH1xg

Where's that suction return in the second picture? Is it under concrete? Dig that one out and connect to it. Even if you have to cap off or reduce the return nozzle size to get the amount of water flow thru the water feature.

Where's that suction return in the second picture? Is it under concrete? Dig that one out and connect to it. Even if you have to cap off or reduce the return nozzle size to get the amount of water flow thru the water feature.

Why is it such a big deal to just drill through the pool wall and then seal it with hydraulic concrete?

Would there be an issue if you hit rebar? Or a couple bars tied together? Just thinking of the worst. Otherwise i tend to agree with you buit that's my 35,000' uneducated guess/opinion.

Would there be an issue if you hit rebar? Or a couple bars tied together? Just thinking of the worst. Otherwise i tend to agree with you buit that's my 35,000' uneducated guess/opinion.

Just drill thru the rebar ? what am i missing ? why hire a "pro" to drill ? my dads a contractor , has the tools ...
im just saying before the replastering is done ... and i asked the plaster guy he said he would outsource the job and
its would be $300 ? maybe more for a hole ? i mean the pro could easily hit rebar as well and then whats he gonna
do differently ? I am gonna go for it and document it then post it ..shouldnt be such a big deal ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.