Leslies Green to Clean Method

Hey everyone i have a swamp for a pool. So i was told by my landlord to go ahead and head to leslies pool and ask them the best way to get it clean again. (This was before i knew about this site)

They told me to do the following:
1. Clean My filter Out
2. Completely Brush the pool.
3. Run Filter from here on out till the very end Add 2lbs of Green to Clean
4. Wait 5 minutes then add 2 lbs of power powder plus
5. Wait 12 Hours Then add 2 more lbs of power powder plus
6. Wait 12 Hours Then add 2 more lbs of Power Powder plus.
7. Wait 12 hours
8. Turn off pump and clean Cartridge Filter again.
9. Turn pump on and once sanitizer leve is below 5ppm add 5 cap fulls of Pool First Aid to remove dead algae.

Is that Pool First aid a clarifier if so it doesnt work worth a ****. By pool is still cloudly as heck. What should i do need this pool sparkling clean by this weekend?

You left out step number 10, when all that does not work, go back and buy more stuff from them.

In seriousness this is Thursday afternoon , and you have none of the test kits or supplies needed to clear for the weekend, so it is very unlikely to happen no matter what you do. If you can get a taylor K-2006 test kit locally (Not K-2005 or something else), this is big if, as most residential pool supply places do not stock them, but if you are lucky enough to have a commercial pool supply place nearby they MIGHT. So IF you can get one today get your test results and start working on it TONIGHT, you MIGHT be clear enough to swim by the end of the holiday weekend. If not I suggest ordering a TF-100 with XL option see my sig, and plan on getting the pool clear in a week or two.

Ike

We don't recommend using Green to Clean. It can cause just as many problems as it solves. Sometimes it makes everything better, sometimes it makes things much worse.

The key to any solution is to get reliable test results. The best way to do that is to get your own top quality test kit.

I went to Leslie's a few weeks ago, they gave me the same green to clean chemicals and process ($150). After 1 week, my pool looked worse. I took a picture in and said "what gives?". They said I must have a filtration issue -- gave me a new complete new set of chemicals (at least didn't make me pay for it!) and said to change the sand in my filter.

I found this site two weeks ago and have been doing my best to SLAM it since Monday. I hope we're both on the right track now.

First pic in this thread is the one I took to show them after the first week : http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/74959-How-much-chlorine-will-I-need-(gross-numbers)

Last edited:
For future references... if you want the pool open and ready for Memorial Day, Open the pool in April so if it is a swamp, you have time to clean it.

For a recommended test kit :lookhere: Test Kit Comparison.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.