new pool chemical balance questions

glr

Jul 9, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I just completed an owner build pool and have some questions about why I am having such a hard time with PH & Alkalinity.

The pool is a pebbletec with Salt system and a spill way spa. Pool is around 16500 gallons and spa is around 1000. I can't seem to put enough acid in to keep the ph below 7.8 or the alkalinity below 100. I seem to be having to put over a gallon a week in. I run the filter pump around 9 hours per day with the suction from the pool and return to the spa so the water is flowing over the spillway. I have researched that aerating causes these two to rise but that much?

Any ideas why it is so out of wack?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Gary

Fresh plaster will raise the PH and TA and CH levels rather quickly for the first three or four weeks and then more slowly for up to a year.

You need to keep ahead of the PH increase by adding acid as needed to keep the PH in range (under 8.0) at all times. Different pools need different amounts of acid. One gallon a week isn't so bad in the first three weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.