Bottom drain worries.

May 21, 2014
Portage, Indiana
The AGP came with the house I just bought and I'm learning a lot from this forum. I was told by the seller that it has a dual bottom main drain excellent for keeping it clean. My concern is not only how to plumb it but also how to winterize the line. The winters are brutal where I live so I would hate to have a big issue come next spring. Right now it is simply capped off near the pump filter assembly I loosened the cap because it was threaded to see if it was even attached and water came pouring out. Btw I have nothing hooked up yet.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I believe you have to blow the lines out for winterization. I am unsure of how to do this as I do not have a main drain in my above ground pool. Someone should be able o help you though. :goodjob:

There is a special cap with quick connect to connect a hose from compressor. You just connect and blow the air into the line. I my uncle have it but I cannot find it anywhere. He told me his pool supplier gave it to him.

That's it. This is the winter plug which you connect the hose to it and blow air out. You have no choice but to unscrew it and just screw in the hose that connects to it. Some water will pour out but this is the way it is. Just wear some swimming clothes :)
Have you find out what connects where?

I want to hard plumb everything I know what goes where just have to redo everything because the orientation the last guy had it was all wrong. I have to redo the pad, move it all over about 3', then plumb everything. I just don't know where exactly to put valves and quick connects to winterize next season. I hope I can tackle most of this this Sunday.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Post pics of the old and prospective new pad and someone will help you! :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.