New Pool....have questions

Jun 3, 2013
Kansas
Hi...just set up a new Intex ultra frame pool 16x48....have read through pool school and need to add stabilizer to raise the CYA...so I think I need a wall mounted skimmer basket to add the stabilizer? also, I am considering buying a Krystal Clear saltwater system. Feedback on this?

Like this, somehow. It doesn't even have to be pretty.

attachment.php

okay now that the stabilizer is entering the pool via the sock...go ahead and add bleach this evening...tested Zero chlorine ..PH 7.2. I know I need to add bleach, just not sure when?

now. add it right now. you dont have to wait for stabilizer to dissolve, and in fact if you do, then you will have green water as it can take up to a week. Go out right now and add your bleach. tomorrow at same time, test and add bleach as calculated by pool calc. keep your FC at 3 ppm or more.

until your stabilizer dissolves to where you can test, put in 0 for CYA. BTW, your pool is 6000 gallons. ;)

http://www.poolcalculator.com/

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.