Robotic Pool Cleaner $300 Budget

I'm sorry to be blunt, but to be honest and not pull the wool over your eyes, you just won't get much Robot for 300 dollars. A good friend gave me the best advice on this, and it is that when it comes to Robots especially, $$$ equal cleaning power. I also imagine that cheaper ones are much more prone to breakage.

I think Robotic cleaners are the future even after having one a short time. I cannot imagine that there is a better technology available to the pool owner in terms of cleaners at this time. I have a very dusty windy environment where I live and this thing has been a life saver. I doubt seriously there will be many times where I actually vacuum the pool.

Have you considered a suction side "crawley" type? I'm not a fan of 'robot' vacuums. Too many parts inside that go bad and break.
I have one right now. And either I do something wrong or it just don't work. I connect it and place it in the pool and it won't move.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry to be blunt, but to be honest and not pull the wool over your eyes, you just won't get much Robot for 300 dollars. A good friend gave me the best advice on this, and it is that when it comes to Robots especially, $$$ equal cleaning power. I also imagine that cheaper ones are much more prone to breakage.

I think Robotic cleaners are the future even after having one a short time. I cannot imagine that there is a better technology available to the pool owner in terms of cleaners at this time. I have a very dusty windy environment where I live and this thing has been a life saver. I doubt seriously there will be many times where I actually vacuum the pool.
I understand. But I thought something with wheels will be better

Suction is strong cause I lift it and put my hand next to the hole and it sucks good. When filter runs normal the pressure is at 16 PSI but I never checked when the cleaner is connected. Give me few minutes and I will check it out

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Pool cleaner budget around $300

Please keep all your posts on this topic to one thread. Thank you, Zea3

Let's narrow this down a bit. Are you looking for a robot or a pump dependent cleaner? What type of debris do you have? Dirt? Leaves? Pine needles? Acorns? Crepe Myrtle blooms? How much debris do you have? What kind of steps do you have?

Last edited:
Re: Pool cleaner budget around $300

Okay. No trees around so no leaves. Do have some dirt in from installation. I build a deck so we do not step from ground to the pool. Hopefully this will keep it clean. "Robot or pump dependent cleaner" - what do you recommend? I have these steps:
blog-above-ground-pool-step.jpg

Kreepy Krauly type cleaners are good for your situation. If it won't move it either is not getting enough suction or there is a problem with the diaphragm. Has it ever worked for you? If so you may be able to replace the diaphragm.

I have a pool rover jr and it is great for picking up leaves and acorns, but it tends to stir up dirt more than vacuum it up.

I was looking at pool rover jr but it seems like it "sits" high and won't pick up any sand or dirt. Which Kreepy Krauly cleaner do you recommend?

OMG that thing is stuck all the time!!! Maybe I set up something wrong.... I have weights that came with it . Where on the hose I should place them?

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I read some threads on here and it looks like a lot of people recommend to use wanda the whale.

I bought a zodiac barracuda mx8 a couple of years ago, and I love it. I leave it running for about 3 hours and it does 90% of the pool, I go and vacuum the other 10. As for steps, it won't do them, so I brush them before I put the robot in. I have an IG, I don't know if it will work on an AG, I don't know if that matters.

I bought a zodiac barracuda mx8 a couple of years ago, and I love it. I leave it running for about 3 hours and it does 90% of the pool, I go and vacuum the other 10. As for steps, it won't do them, so I brush them before I put the robot in. I have an IG, I don't know if it will work on an AG, I don't know if that matters.
Looks good but little bit over my budget. I see that MX6 is about $280 but have only one cleaning port.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.