Robotic pool cleaner question

cjmltn

Sep 4, 2011
We need a new pool cleaner and considering a robotic. We currently have a polaris 280 which is set up to run automatically each day. We have a timer which will start the 280 cleaner at the same time each day. Can the robotic cleaners be set to automatically run either daily or every other day. We like the convenience of having it automatic as opposed to physically start it each day. Thank you

Sort of Yes and sort of No. :D

Many of the robotics have patterned timers like you are looking for. The issue is that many or most robotic manufacturers do not want you to keep the robot in the pool 24/7.

I believe the reasoning is that a chlorinated environment is not good for the seals necessary to make the motors waterproof. My personal jury is out on that but I don't know what material they use to make the seals and I don't know if they all use the same material.

I'm not sure it is a warranty issue but if real damage or shortened life is a possibility, who needs that hassle?

Naturally, the next question is why would they include an interval program if they didn't want them submerged 24/7

I know I have a Polaris 9300xi and I would never leave it in the pool 24x7. One reason why is that I've taught my children they should never go into the pool while the robot is in (electrical shock hazard) I also dont need to put it in daily (usually weekly) to clean the pool but to Duraleigh's point, I do believe it voids the warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.