Skimmer for Intex pool

I went with the Hayward Widemouth
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KMIK26/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002KMIK26&linkCode=as2&tag=bricktown-20&linkId=V4CNYIN6P5CGQ44Q

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It has been over a year since I bought it. However what made me pick the widemouth was it was little shorter (I can't remember the exact size, it wasn't much) that than the square one. I didn't want my water level to drop more than it had to with a skimmer. Also I thought the widemouth would allow more leaves to get sucked in. I have a big oak tree over my pool. It works great, I recommend it to anyone.

RPeters, did you plumb in the old intake as well? I can't quite tell from the picture if that ties inline with the new skimmer or if it just leads to a shutoff.

Thanks!

Just another perspective.. I also have a rectangle Intex pool, mine is the 18 x 9 x 52... I just purchased my Hayward DynaSkim SP1091LX from Amazon about an hour ago... :) I didn't go with the widemouth as I don't have trees hanging over my pool, and I only wanted to cut a small hole in the pool...

I'm lucky my pool has 2 factory fitted suctions and one return, I'm changing one of the suctions to a return and installing the skimmer so I'll have two returns and two suctions including the skimmer... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.