New Pool - a couple of questions before my next step.

May 19, 2014
Grove City, Pa
Hello,
We just had our pool installed a few weeks ago by a local pool company. My initial experience with the installed "pool frog" system resulted in a bunch of brown dusty deposits all over the bottom of the pool, so I started looking online for a better solution and found your website. Long story short, I've been studying your pages and have become a happy convert to the TFPC method.

After a week of testing (TF-100) and after SLAMming the pool and adjusting things using walmart bleach, I think I'm almost there but need some guidance.

The pool passed the OCLT a few days ago and the FC is coming down very slowly.
There are still a few light brown dusty deposits on the pool floor but I've been brushing and running the robot and they are going away.
My most current levels are:

FC = 8
CC = 0.5
PH = 6.8
TA = 30
CH = 100
CYA = 30

Some more info:
1. A couple of weeks ago when I was still using the pool frog, I added a liquid mineral pack (copper I believe), so that's in the water for better or worse.
2. The frog is now set to OFF.
3. Originally, the CYA tested at 0 so I slowly added (hanging sock) 4 pounds of wal-mart stabilizer a few days ago after the OCLT passed.

I have a 40 lb bucket of Pro Team Supreme that came with the pool.

My question is, should I add the Pro Team Supreme since I have it? Or should I use something else?
I think I remember the pool store guy saying it would raise my PH levels which seems like a good thing to me since they are low.
Also, what else should I be doing to get my levels in line?

Thanks very much for your help,
Dave

Pro Team, your frog, and the packet you added all contain copper, which can cause staining to your pool and also can cause blondes to become greens. I wouldn't let that stuff anywhere near my pool.

ProTeam Supreme is basically the same stuff as 20 mule team borax, just a slightly higher concentration. You use about 75% as much supreme as you would borax to do the same thing.

ProTeam Supreme Plus is somewhat different, much more similar to boric acid.

Both are copper free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.