1st year of using TFP and opened to no swamp, but question on FC?

Victor

Aug 4, 2012
Girard, OH
hello all, first off I want to say thanks to site admin. This site is information packed!! I opened my pool 5 days ago and water was a little cloudy with some algae on stairs and around skimmers, but nothing like the first year i opened to black death! ha. i followed the slam tut. checked levels prior to start FC = 0
cya = 50
borate = 30
ph =7.5

after 2 days of slam and cleaning water clear and cc = .5, so i turned my generator to 30% from super chlorinated and i adjusted my cya back up to 70 as recommeded. Then after putting on solar cover the next day i checked my fC and it's still at shock levels 21, i know with cold water it takes time for FC to drop (temp 65) but how long? should i turn off generate till it drops? going to be heating up pool for weekend and i want kids to be able to swim.

thanks in advance

The easiest answer to your question is that it is safe to swim up to the shock value per your cya level. It'll drop quicker with cover off and SWG off. By the way, we don't recommend using the super chlorinate feature to SLAM your pool.

I did use a bleach combo of both, I saw on site that swg's can't keep up with demand so I added bleach to get my levels up and then turn it to super chlorinate to maintain. So don't even bother to using it maintain either ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.