What's left ?

PA2CA

May 21, 2014
Ok so my good is green and my levels seem to be in the ideal range except for the stabilizer which somehow spiked up. I had my water tested and they told me too much copper. I added 2 bottles of Metal free, twice which solved the copper problem. And then told me my chlorine was too high, so I added neutralizer. Then I needed to increase me alkalinity. THEN my ph was extremely low and I added a bunch of that which is now ok. But it's still green!
And oh yeah I've been running my filter 24/7.
Anyone have any idea what could be going on here?
??

17K gallon, IG, plaster, Sand filter

Welcome to TFP!

I really recommend that you think about getting your own top quality test kit and testing your own water. With water levels that are "green" you really don't know what is going on and it is just guess work about what needs to be adjusted and what doesn't.

Also, your pool store is giving you some not so great advice. Sunlight burns off chlorine fairly quickly, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to use chlorine neutralizer, and with imprecise test results your levels end up wandering all over the place.

Welcome to TFP!

Yup. The TF-100 with xl option is what you need since you are going to have to SLAM the pool. There is an article in Pool School comparing the recommended test kits.

I wish I would have invested in a pool kit first.. in the last 5 days I've put out $300 in chemicals... level seem to be improving but feeling a bit discouraged
yqybu7e7.jpg

17K gallon, IG, plaster, Sand filter

You are certainly not the first to spend way too much money at the pool store, that is how most members find us ... looking for a better way.

With a proper test kit and the knowledge gained here, you can expect to spend less than that for the entire season.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You need to know where the ground water level is in your yard or you risk floating the pool. Unless you know what the ground water level is you should only partially drain and refill the pool.

Stay out of the pool store unless you are buying only liquid chlorine. With our methods we could have cleared your pool for less than $100 (on liquid chlorine) not sure what they sold you for $300 but it didn't do a thing... you have a giant algae bloom. I'm not sure draining is the answer...

OMG!!! Please STOP draining your pool before you risk a catastrophy!

All you need is a good quality test kit and some POP (Pool Owner Patience) and you can have a beautiful pool.

Where are you located?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.