starite heater

May 20, 2014
United States
i bought a house with a sr400na heater that worked great for 2 years.then the igniter went out along with the blower motor and the ignition module. I have replaced all three parts and when i turn on the heater it fires up and heats for about 5 minutes and then something shorts out and trips the 30 amp breaker. so i re-set the breaker and turned on the heater and the blower comes on it call for gas and the gas valve opens and then call for ignitionbut it does not light. so i opened the ignition module and it is fried. so i bought a new ignition module and it ran again for about 5 minutes and tripped the 30 amp breaker and again fried the ignition module. any suggestions. what is causing the short.

Welcome Champ!

Sorry, but this really is a question for a qualified electrician/technician to answer. One of our ITI folks might lend some help on an idea, but this really should be looked at by a Pro.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.