Plumbing to pump down with

Jul 6, 2013
Waxahachie, Tx.
This is a new install that I need to come up with a quicker way to pump down water level when it rains. The PB installed a bib valve to be able to attach a garden hose to pump down with. It works but, OMG!!!!! Boy is that slow. So having said that, I am looking for input to remedy this situation. I also have an idea. Put a 3 way Jandy valve in between the filter housing output and the salt cell. And use the input to the 3 way as the output. If there is a better way please speak up. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20140417_124728.jpg
    20140417_124728.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 49
What Richard said. I wouldn't bother cleaning the water your going to pump out. I'm in same boat have a hose bib in between pump and filter and need to remove some water due to cya levels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for adding a ball valve in place of the hose bib.
Every pb should include a waste valve between the filter and pump if they don't use a multiport valve on the filter. At least once in every pool owner's life they will need to drain the pool to correct chemistry or make repairs!

Thinking of cutting out the T that has my hose bib threaded on and just put a new T with a ball valve and unions on each end of the T so for what ever reason I need to remove or change it I don't have to cut away any more pipe just build a new T with Same union pieces on each end to match.
Question is would it hurt the amount of water out of the ball valve if you downsize it to have a hose thread onto it? That way can take a garden hose and just place it in yard

Thinking of cutting out the T that has my hose bib threaded on and just put a new T with a ball valve and unions on each end of the T so for what ever reason I need to remove or change it I don't have to cut away any more pipe just build a new T with Same union pieces on each end to match.
Question is would it hurt the amount of water out of the ball valve if you downsize it to have a hose thread onto it? That way can take a garden hose and just place it in yard

Yes. If you go down from 1" pipe to a 5/8" hose, it will reduce flow. Still enough to fill the hose and run a sprinkler.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.