advice welcome on cloudy water

linmat

Apr 1, 2008
Cades, SC
Well I started with really bad algae. I have worked hard for about a month getting as far as I have. I am posting pics and numbers. Any advice or reccomendations will be greatly appreciated. I bought a tub of 3 in trichlor tabs before I decided to go to bbb and I am trying to use those to increase cya some. Our pool is old and I think we have a slow leak somewhere but right now I would like to try and get the cloudiness cleared up. I have added one 182 oz of bleach since taking the chlorine reading. Yea on no cc!!

FC 2
CC 0
TC 2
PH 7.5
T/A 110
CH 230
CYA 20
Temp 88[/size]Hope the pics work if not we can see bottom of shallow end and barley see drain in bottom of deep end

100_1408.jpg

100_1410.jpg

100_1407.jpg

edited by TMQ to fix bb code

Thanks Mermaid, so by the pool calculator the normal range is 3 to 7. I will raise it to 7. Should I try to keep it there tor the rest of the summer or until we get more cya in the water? You guys are great. Back to the pool!!

You bet on run that filter!! I'm going to be afraid to turn it off after the past month. LOL I worked on the pool again today (4th of July rocket tipped over and bombed the shallow end. 30 and 10 year old children; what can you do but patch?) The water seems to continue to clear a little each day. I have been reading posts to see if I can figure out how to find out if main drain is working properly but I haven't spent enough time on it yet. I keep getting lost while I read but I will keep on it. Thanks for all the help to everyone. I have to say it gives a feeling of: I CAN when you stay after it. I also had a nice swim, it felt gooood!

linmat said:
You bet on run that filter!! I'm going to be afraid to turn it off after the past month. LOL I worked on the pool again today (4th of July rocket tipped over and bombed the shallow end. 30 and 10 year old children; what can you do but patch?) The water seems to continue to clear a little each day. I have been reading posts to see if I can figure out how to find out if main drain is working properly but I haven't spent enough time on it yet. I keep getting lost while I read but I will keep on it. Thanks for all the help to everyone. I have to say it gives a feeling of: I CAN when you stay after it. I also had a nice swim, it felt gooood!

My pool has a 4-way Hayward valve; it allows me to switch between the top skimmer or the bottom drain, or 50/50 or Off. Does your pool have such a valve? Try 50/50 or bottom for awhile and see if it makes a difference? Just a thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.