do i need to hook swg to timer?

Feb 27, 2014
oklahoma
my pump is on a timer and turns on and off that way. I have the swg separately wired. It is a circupool swg with a flow switch. when the timer turns off the pump the flow stops so it stops making chlorine. any issue with this set up? will this cause any damage? I have the swg set to auto so it would seem this would be fine.

I have a rj60 and i wired mine into the timer. I dont think they really have a float switch per say.
I dont think you want the unit on when there is no flow ??? If anything its a waste of energy.
You might want to call tech support on that one.. Its easy to wire into the timer, i have a freeze timer so i have it control the SWG.

I would wire the SWG to the same timer as the pool pump. The other option is to install a current sensing relay/switch in to turn on the SWG when the pump is running. I am working on that setup now. Mu pump motor is wired directly to the breaker because it has an internal controller. My Circupool SWG is also wired to a breaker w/o a timer and uses the flow switch to stop generation of chlorine. I am getting errors (check cell ans another one (I cant remember off ht top of my head) on the SWG when the pump shuts off. If I start the pump and cycle power on the SWG the errors go away and the it indicates that it is generating chlorine.

Plus if you live where it gets cold you can get a intermatic freeze timer for about 150.00 and you dont have to worry about it.
It is really worth it for me because i would turn pump on before bed if it was getting into the 20's and it ran a lot for nothing wasting energy.
Now it turns it's self on and off !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Si series owner's manual says, "The Si Series is shipped from the factory with a 240VAC configuration (unless otherwise requested). If a 120VAC is needed, move the jumpers as shown on the inside of the front door cover of the Control Module."

Look at the inside of the front door cover, and you will find your answer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.