First Year with a New Pool - Green and Ugly

Post SLAM - Things are clear and here are my numbers

I merged your threads to keep your story together. jblizzle

I'm finished with the SLAM. The green monster is now clear and sparkly! Thanks ALL!

Here are my numbers as of today:

FC - 11.5
CC - 0.5
TC - 12
CH - 250
TA - 80 to 90 (I lost track of the drops as my daughter was helping with "science")
pH - 7.2
CYA - 60ish

I'm thinking I should bring up my pH to 7.5
With 60 as my CYA, I'm going to shoot for FC 7-8 once the SLAM levels subside...

Am I in the ballpark?

Thanks,

Bryan

Re: Post SLAM - Things are clear and here are my numbers

Numbers are looking pretty good. You should let the FC go below 10 and retest the PH as greater than 10 skews the results.
As to FC with a CYA of 60, your target is 7, never let it get below the minimum of 5.

Re: Post SLAM - Things are clear and here are my numbers

What kind of chlorine does the inline chlorinator use. If it uses pucks that are adding more cya you probably want to stop using it before your cya gets too high and makes things unmanageable.

The chlorinator is currently using 3" tabs. It was what came with the pool. I'm aware that they are increasing my CYA and will not continue to use them... I'm going solely to liquid chlorine. I may drain some water to get the CYA down, but given I am done with the SLAM I may just let it sit at 60ish....

Future goal would be to replace the cartridge filter with a sand or DE filter and add an inline liquid chlorinator... Down the road...

Looking forward to a dip!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.