Replacing my Liner, Need help choosing company.

myrddin

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2012
Southern Indiana
Hi Guys, I noticed over the past weekend that my liner has called it quits. I have several rips in the corners where I had the liner float when I opened this year. I called the two local pool builders and they gave me the quotes.

pool builder #1
27 mil Merlin or GLI liner
installed - 2870.80 plus tax and plus any floor work it might need.
-it also includes the gaskets and such.

Pool builder #2
20 - 28 Mil (unsure of brand)
installed 3895.00 plus tax and plus any floor work it might need.
-it also includes the gaskets and such.

Pool builder #2 also said he was expecting me to pay about 4500.00 with floor repair based on his experience and my description. pool builder #1 said they would fix the floor for a flat rate of 100.00 an hour. I need soem grout patching done as I have a few spots that are sunken in.

I don't understand why one is so much more than the other, can you help me ask the right questions so I am not missing out on something or choosing the wrong one... I don't want to base it on money.

Is that 27 mil liner, 27mil all around? A lot of times, (I cant' remember which) the floor or wall is thinner than the other. We did a full 28mil liner, figuring it's worth it. sounds like builder 2 is doing one of those situations, where one is thinner than the other.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.