Need help with a kiddie pool

May 21, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I recently purchased The Sizzlin' Cool Deluxe Blue Rectangular Family Pool (Designed water capacity: 307 gal. Product Dimensions 120" x 72" x 22",) my kids. I really don't want to have to keep emptying it every week, so I have a cover for it as well as a tester kit, and the chemicals to keep it clean and sanitized. I also purchased an Intex trading water pump: 530 gallon pump. I can't seem to get the pump to work. I've tried everything, but still nothing. Any help on how I can keep the pool clean from debris other things (other than a net, which I have,) would be appreciated.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Do you mean that the pump will just not power up? If so, return it and get a functioning one. Is there a GFCI on the plug or the outlet? Could check that too.

As far as cleaning it, a small battery powered vac might be a good solution.

No the pump turns on, but it won't pump anything. I've tried releasing the air valve on the top of the pump, but it still won't suck in any water or pump any out. The pool doesn't have any hook ups for a pump, so I've tried just putting the hoses over the side of the pool. I've added water to the hoses, but still nothing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.