Robotic Cleaner Recommendation for Sand

Apr 14, 2013
Ohio
We are open for our first full season of our 30' above ground pool. We battled sand in the bottom of the pool last year (yard conditions/kids) and then to top it off had a sand bag burst that was holding the ladder down. I have been vacuuming (or attempting to) sand manually for two weeks now and I seem to not make a big dent in it other than mixing it up only to settle later. I have tried a wanda the whale, then a pool rover jr, with not much luck. The pool rover Jr worked great at larger debris, but did nothing for the sand and fine sediment, not to mention the cord would tangle. I am looking for a cleaner that works well with sand. Possibly a Dolphin Nautilus? Any other robotic cleaners you would recommend that would help with this throughout the year?

-Hartley

My AquaVac TigerShark seems to pick up some sand. I wouldn't say it's excellent at it though.

When manually vacuuming to try to pick up sand, I close the floor drain and other skimmer valve and have my pump only draw from the skimmer I'm using to vacuum. It's worked pretty well.

Probably 90% of the Poolvergnugen's we sell go out to Arizona so I imagine they must be pretty good with sand. However this is not a robotic cleaner it is a suction side cleaner just an FYI.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.