Hayward Ecostar SP3400VSP trips the breaker and won't start....

Apr 1, 2014
Need some help or opinions....

The pump is 2 years old. Last couple of months the pump stopped few times with Error- Pump has stalled. After turning the power off and on everything was ok and pump was working fine. Now it stopped completely and trips the breaker every time I turn on the power or switch the breaker to on position. Local store where I bought the pump is not helping as the pump is out of warranty. I took the pump to local pump repair place and they said most likely the motor is fried but it could be the panel as well. They can't tell exactly where the problem is. They did confirmed same issue with tripping the breaker as soon as you turn on the power.....someone had similar problem with the pump ?

I’ve run into the same problem. Tried turning off the power and back on. Tried changing the rpm setting as was posted elsewhere. Neither has worked. Looks like I have to call Hayward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.