Keywords search

Water_man

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Brookline, MA
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if one wants to find posts which contain both words "A" and "B" one should list the keywords as A +B (or +A +B.)
When I search for A + B the search results lists also posts that contain just A.
Please check and advise.

Very common words are ignored. For example the query "check +pool" ignores the word pool so it returns all listings with check in them. There will be a little message in upper left telling you what terms were used for the search when the results are displayed.

For example, try searching for fiesta +salt and you get:

fiesta +salt ignored: salt

And the posts contain only the word fiesta.

It can be frustrating because words like pump, chlorine, pool etc. are ignored when searching.

If that's not what's happening, post your query and I'll try it as well.

John

Has someone fixed something after I posted?
This is strange.
Before the original post I searched for Liquidator +easy.
I had gotten back some results that contained the keyword "Liquidator" only and
some with both "Liquidator" and "easy".

I repeated the search just now, and lo and behold - the search results contain both keywords!

If you use the search link at the top of the page, you'll find you have option as to how and what to search. Try playing around with those.

Also, at the bottom of every page you will find a site specific google search tool that is getting better each day. After the upgrade, the urls changed so it's taken awhile for the site to get fully indexed again, but I think you'll find it gives good results now.

You can use either one - just trying to provide options. ;)

I did a search for Liquidator +WS, and although it came back with "WS ignored"
I got many search results which contained both "Liquidator" and "WS" highlighted in yellow.
The site google search got only five results. I understand the indexing takes time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.