New to me pool install today

May 9, 2014
Nashville tn
Well as I said the other day today was the big day. The pool is installed and I have about six inches of water. Attached are some pics of the mess I have to fix in the yard now. I also did my first tests with the new kit which just came in today. I only tested ph and TA as it is tap water and has no chlorine or CYA.

Ph 7
TA 160...turned red for a second than went clear at 16 drops.

That's what is coming out the hose. Once I get more water in I will do more tests before adding anything. Anybody in TN need some top soil. The dig was at 30" at the one end.

Jared

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 102
How exciting! Can we go swimming yet, huh? Can we? Can we? :bounce: :compress:

You've obviously been studying things, since you knew enough not to waste CYA reagent. Good job! :goodjob:

If the pH test reads 7, it could actually be lower than that. And the TA test should turn green initially, and turn pink after adding drops. So.... you grabbed the wrong reagent - you wouldn't be the first, I can assure you - or you have exceedingly soft water and no TA. I'd repeat those tests carefully.

You should do the CH test, just so you know what it is. And because you have the reagents. And Because the testing is fun.

attachment.php

Richard-I have been studying this site hard. On the TA test it was green with the second reagent I added. When I added the third it took 16 drops to turn red but only for a second or two then it went clear. I thought I read that the initial turn to red was the place to stop. Is that right?

I can't wait to go swimming, but there is so much work to do...and lots of water to put in.

Jared

At least when you get so hot and miserable from working, you can jump in the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.