Such a thing as high chlorine

That's still below shock level, so it's safe to swim in, but it doesn't have to be that high. Turn the SWG down to 50% and see what happens over the next week. If it's still above 5 or 6, turn it down some more and save your SWG. Wait -- are you planning on a big bash over the holiday weekend? Better leave it alone until after.

I'm going to lower percentage, this is the first time my cya is accurate since I had the pool built and the temperature has been unusually cool so that might be a good reason for not needing the salt cell to run at a higher %. Last year I had it running at 90%, but it was really hot and I'm sure I'm cya was a lot lower.

I'm going to lower percentage, this is the first time my cya is accurate since I had the pool built and the temperature has been unusually cool so that might be a good reason for not needing the salt cell to run at a higher %. Last year I had it running at 90%, but it was really hot and I'm sure I'm cya was a lot lower.
Good work. The fact that you are able to articulate the above means you understand what's going on in your pool.

This is also why, even with an SWG, we recommend daily testing. Any change in air/water temp, bather load, etc., will change the FC consumption in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.