What am I missing?

May 20, 2014
Westerly RI
After I shut the pool down to spray off the filter cartridges, I (for no reason) turned a three way Hayward valve (PSV3S) to off. I went ahead with cleaning the filters and returning all of the pieces back together, but can't get the valve returned to normal position.

Am I missing Something? Is there a secret button I need to be pushing or something?

thanks

Thats strange.
Its easy to take that thing apart to see if anything got stuck in there. Just remove the screws from the top and the whole assembly comes out of the housing.
That valve is a very simple thing and springs and ball bearings will not go flying out, so dont worry. Other than the lock knob, the only thing that makes sense is some debris got between the internal part that rotates and the body of the valve and jammed it.

Just be sure to get the O ring around the top seated properly and lubed when you put it back together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.