Confused in San Carlos

Apr 11, 2014
San Carlos Mexico
I hope someone can help me, we have a SWG pool. Recently purchase the Taylor K 2006 test kit, so I could get accurate results.

Here are today's results:

FC 4.5
PH 8.0
TA 200ppm
CH 775ppm
CYA >100

Salt level 7000

Pool temp 88

Is there anyway to get the test results into normal ranges with the salt level being so high? Last week we exchanged 6000gal of pool water w/ fresh and still have high levels. I'm not sure where to start! Muratic acid, water exchange ?

No good pool resources down here, but now that I've found TFP I hope my problems will be getting much smaller. Thank you for your help!

A couple a questions-- how did your salt get so high? And how was it measured? Certainly not with the k-2006 test kit. What does your swg say the min and max salt levels are? I'm relatively certain it's not 7000. One more--if your cya is 100 today after replacing almost 50% of your water do you realize what is before?

Welcome to TFP!

Salt, CYA, and CH can only be lowered by water replacement, and all three need to be lowered significantly. TA can be lowered with muriatic acid, but I would wait until you are done replacing water and see what TA is at that point.

My salt test kit is Taylor K-1766. And previous CYA results were >100.. I believe the salt got so high just because we arbitrarily put in too much at one time, we had left the pool unattended for 6 weeks and since that time it's been out of whack.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the quick response...guess we will order the water truck again to do a replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.