blue cloudy water

May 20, 2014
Girard, Ohio
Hi im new to this forum and in desperate need of guidance. I am a bacquacil above ground pool owner 18,000 gallons, cartridge filter. My water is currently a brighter shade of blue and cloudy where as I can not see the bottom. I have vacuumed it and run the pump to circulate the water sever al times. I have put the standard Bacquacil start up chemicals in it and taken a sample to my local store and my readings are all good (-) 2 1/2 pints of sanitizer. which I will be adding as soon as I get off work. they also gave me a bag of Ekolean with instruction to add 18 cups in skimmer (pump running) then vacuum, rinse out filter and skimmers then repeat. anyone ever use this stuff before ? It is only my 2nd year with this pool and im pretty pool illiterate I AM trying and would like a little guidance if possible!!! Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP!

EcoKlean is a cellulose based alternative to DE. If you have a DE or cartridge filter it won't make any real difference compared normal. If you have a sand filter it can help improve filtering, especially of very fine particles that might otherwise pass right through the filter.

Most of the baqua users we run into are very dissatisfied and end up switching to chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.