Intex Plumbing

Good afternoon,
I just purchased a 22x52 Ultra Frame pool, and I am in the planning phase for site prep. I've read the intex links on the sticky of this forum and got me wondering about hard plumbed lines. Can you run those over say 20 feet, If I want my sand and saltwater filter away from the pool, can I run those pipes underground a short distance (20 to 30 feet) ? I havent seen any that have tried that, or at least that I have found. What are your thoughts on this? I do plan to leave it up year round, so I would drain a little water and blow out the lines. I am a little stressed over the site prep work. Appreciate your feedback.

Welcome to TFP!

As long as you have a good pump, there would be no reason you couldn't bury some of your plumbing. Longer runs = higher head loss, so the minimum pump if you are staying with Intex offerings would be the 2650 gph sand filter.

Check your local craigslist etc, there seems to always be someone getting rid of their pool equipment. You might be able to score a good pump and filter.

Good afternoon,
I just purchased a 22x52 Ultra Frame pool, and I am in the planning phase for site prep. I've read the intex links on the sticky of this forum and got me wondering about hard plumbed lines. Can you run those over say 20 feet, If I want my sand and saltwater filter away from the pool, can I run those pipes underground a short distance (20 to 30 feet) ? I havent seen any that have tried that, or at least that I have found. What are your thoughts on this? I do plan to leave it up year round, so I would drain a little water and blow out the lines. I am a little stressed over the site prep work. Appreciate your feedback.

Don't let the site prep work stress you. But don't try to rush it either. Because of wet weather it took us over a month to do the site prep but after setting up the pool this past weekend and it was nearly perfectly level, I am sooooooo glad we took our time.

Don't let the site prep work stress you. But don't try to rush it either. Because of wet weather it took us over a month to do the site prep but after setting up the pool this past weekend and it was nearly perfectly level, I am sooooooo glad we took our time.

How do you like the size? Just curious, I noticed in your signature.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to TFP!

As long as you have a good pump, there would be no reason you couldn't bury some of your plumbing. Longer runs = higher head loss, so the minimum pump if you are staying with Intex offerings would be the 2650 gph sand filter.

Check your local craigslist etc, there seems to always be someone getting rid of their pool equipment. You might be able to score a good pump and filter.

Thank you! I do have the 2650 sand filter, you dont forsee an issue with a 20 to 30 foot run?

No issues with that, as long as you can keep the elbows to a bare minimum.

For your suction line, it would be a good idea to go with 2" pipe, reduced at each end to match your equipment. The return could still be the 1-1/2"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.