Stonescapes regular pebble vs. Mini

ASP

Feb 7, 2014
Texas
Hello!
I wanted to hear from all of you out there with stonescapes regular pebble...are you happy with it? How long have you had it? Is it holding up? Is it hard on your feet(especially the kids)? Are you happy you chose the regular vs.mini? Any other regrets or thoughts?
And I ask the same questions to those of you who have mini, along with, do you wish you would have installed regular instead?
Thank you so much!
ASP

Reactions: JW9DVC
We are building now and chose mini. We were at a pool party yesterday and they have mini and the kids were in the pool all day. I was in the pool for a while and the mini was very easy on the feet.

I did a lot of research before we decided on mini, plus the party we were at the pool was built by the same person building ours. Basically what I got from the research is, that it's all about the skill of the person doing the plaster job. And mini is going to be easier on your feet than the regular pebble.

We live in a Master Planned Community that has several outdoor pools that were finished in Regular Pebble. It does seem a little rough on the feet, especially when you have been in the water for a while. When we had our backyard pool remodeled a couple of years ago, we chose the Mini Pebble for a smoother feel, and have been glad we did. Remember, even the Mini is a Stone Like finish, and will be rougher than plaster. We have had a scrape or two while horsing around with the Grandkids.

We're building now and have mini-pebble on our plans. The PB is very popular with 60+ pools per year including some over 300K. Quite surprisingly, he claims to have only done one other mini-pebble in all these years. I guess I'll be #2.

Last edited:
we have stonescapes mini-pebble aqua blue

we really like the color & like the mini over the regular but some of the kiddos (11-12 yr olds) are still complaining of a few scrapes when playing in the pool

it seems to be a little hard on the girls swimsuits too

I might look for a smoother finish ( wet edge maybe ? ) if I had it to do over again

are you going to have young kids playing in the pool ? if so maybe look at smoother finishes IMHO

We have StoneScapes Mini Pebbles Tropics Blue and we love the color. I think the installer hand spread some abalone or something in it, because it has a little sparkle that we did not see in the samples we looked at. We really liked the version that included the glass beads, but opted against spending the extra money for that option in the end. The color is a nice deep blue, not too dark, but dark enough to heat up nicely in the full sun. There are two main negatives to this finish:

(1) As others have mentioned, it is quite abrasive under certain conditions. Not sitting or walking on it, we've never had a problem with that. But if you are playing around and scrape across it, it will leave a mark for sure. We've had some bloodied toes and scraped knees. I can see it wearing out swimsuit material as well. To the extent that regular pebble is apparently even rougher, I would never choose that. By comparison our previous fiberglass pool was extremely smooth, bordering on too slippery at times.

(2) The dark blue color limits the attractiveness of the colored LED lighting. Blue and white lights look great, but red becomes kind of muted purple, and green looks pretty dark and boring. Definitely not the same effect as you would see on a pure white fiberglass pool!

I would be very interested to hear from owners who chose all glass beads (JewelScapes or other brand names) and whether that makes a big difference vs. pebble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.