Anyone else have self leveling ground?

May 2, 2013
....lol
I think I own self leveling soil. Last year I installed Intex 14x42. Thought I had the ground level...but once filled it was off...I think if I remember. ..it was off almost one square or 3/4" or so. (maybe an inch)
Anyhow...I said I'd live with it.

Now this year I just opend the pool and it is perfectly level!!!!
Lol....yep....self leveling soil....hahaha

I think what it is.....I live in Florida and the water table level here is very high. (Swamp behind my 2 acres)
One winter I dug down six inches and hit water. Anyhow....a few weeks ago we got flooded badly. So...with the flooding and soft groumd...some how my pool leveled out.

.....just hope one day I don't look out and pool is gone into a sink hole...lol

Kyles, I know what you mean. About the high water table, storms, general Florida stuff. I also live in NE Fl. Jacksonville actually. The month I set my pool up a really big storm hit (don't remember the storms name) I had almost as much water on the ground as I had in my pool! I never realized just how much rain and how many storms we actually got until I set up the pool!

The day I set it up, it started raining and put too much water in the liner for me to be able to get all the wrinkles out.

As for you self leveling ground, amazing! :swim:swim on!

If it does disappear into a sink hole, drop in your garden hose. Instant in-ground-pool!

Kyles, I know what you mean. About the high water table, storms, general Florida stuff. I also live in NE Fl. Jacksonville actually. The month I set my pool up a really big storm hit (don't remember the storms name) I had almost as much water on the ground as I had in my pool! I never realized just how much rain and how many storms we actually got until I set up the pool!

The day I set it up, it started raining and put too much water in the liner for me to be able to get all the wrinkles out.

As for you self leveling ground, amazing! :swim:swim on!

If it does disappear into a sink hole, drop in your garden hose. Instant in-ground-pool!

Lol....only issue with that is those darn Water Moccasins (cottonmouths) I kill a handful a year in my pond which is only 75-85 ft away.

....and the dumb luck....yep ;)

My ground is very soft. Most if the time I can leave footprint divets....but I'm 6'1" 280lbs....lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.