Any Help Would Be Appreciated.

Hey everyone i have a broken Relief Valve. I need to know the make and model of my cartridge filter in order to get the new part. All i know is it is a Hayward Filter, and the serial number is 11760. Could anyone lend a hand? Also Our pool is greener then green. I can only see a few inches into the water. Im ready to start the cleaning process but i need to know is it safe to run the filter without that Relief Valve?

Welcome! :wave:

Just unscrew the thing and take it to a pool store. They're standard pipe threads, so it should be easy to find something that works, even if it looks a little different. They're pretty common stuff. You'll need some plumber's teflon tape or a tube of thread sealer to reinstall it, but it's not a whole lot more difficult than changing a light bulb!

Hey Richard thank you so much. Here im thinking its gonna be a huge thing to fix. Im actually just renting a room in the house and its been one thing after another.

Welcome! :wave:

Just unscrew the thing and take it to a pool store. They're standard pipe threads, so it should be easy to find something that works, even if it looks a little different. They're pretty common stuff. You'll need some plumber's teflon tape or a tube of thread sealer to reinstall it, but it's not a whole lot more difficult than changing a light bulb!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.