Test results Using TF100

Aug 4, 2013
Oklahoma
Hi,

I just did my testing. Here are my values. Help is appreciated.

CH=225
FC=.5
CC=.5
TC=1
TA=70
CYA=0
Borate=15
Salt=3600
PH=7.5

The PH was way high, we have just got it to acceptable level, now whats next? I think all the chlorine levels are low. Remember, we are running the salt system .I also see we have no CYA. Im sure that's a problem. when I did the test I could see the dot at the bottom even with the vial filled to the top with the water. I don't know what to do next.

Thanks Everyone.

:confused::confused:

I bought the TF100 test kit. I may have bought the borates too. If it doesn't come with the kit. I may have thought I needed it. Anyway, I have the test for it, so yes I have been testing for it.

See, I don't know what I'm doing. I'm sure you figured that out.

Once you get your CYA up and you've got your SWG dialed in to maintain your FC, you could add borates. It's completely optional. It adds some resistance to algae and improves the feel and sparkle of the water. It also makes the pH take longer to raise due to the SWG.

A downside is if you have pets, make sure they don't use the pool as a regular drinking water source as it has been shown to cause illness in animals at high dosages.

You are doing fine, you got the year kit so that was step 1 to taking control. You do need to add CYA.

How much of Pool School have you read? I know it can be pretty overwhelming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here are my test results today. Ugh

CH=200
FC=.5
CC=.5
TC=1
TA=70
CYA=0
Salt=3600
PH=7.5

We added 2 gallons of bleach, this is what the pool calculator told me to add. What to do next? I'm lost. I don't see an increase in chlorine at all.

Here are my test results today. Ugh

CH=200
FC=.5
CC=.5
TC=1
TA=70
CYA=0
Salt=3600
PH=7.5

We added 2 gallons of bleach, this is what the pool calculator told me to add. What to do next? I'm lost. I don't see an increase in chlorine at all.
Two gallons of bleach in a 30k pool will only get you to 5 FC. If there's any algae, it will start consuming the bleach as soon as it hits the water. And with the super low CYA, the sun will zap it really fast. What does the water look like? Clear? Hazy? Cloudy? Green? Black?

Have you added any CYA yet? It takes a while to dissolve, so you can put it in now. Target 30 to start. That's about 3 pounds. Put it in a sock or nylon and tie it shut, then set it in the skimmer or hang it in front of a return. And keep adding bleach. If all your CYA disappeared over the winter, then it broke down into ammonia, which will take a whole lot of bleach to overcome. But don't get sidetracked by that, just yet.

What does the water look like?
Have you added any CYA yet?
Was there CYA in the water last year?

OKay, so I'm back from Pool School and I figured out why I didn't think about the CYA, because CYA is in SHOCK and I didnt think I needed to SHOCK the pool. So now I see I am wrong, I took it too literal. Some CYA is required. Is it also called Stabilizer? My husband told me earlier that we have some.

- - - Updated - - -

The water is cloudy.Real cloudy.

Cya can ( and should ) be purchased separately from "shock".

You will usually find it labeled as stabilizer.

Do not just dump powdered cya in the pool. Put it in a sock or stocking in front of the returns - squeeze it when you walk by...

15 lbs will get you to 60 if you're truly at 0. I would add that much, test in a week and see where you're at.

- - - Updated - - -

On second thought maybe you should play it safe and only add 13 lbs. That way if you're already at 20 or so you won't overshoot.

The pool math link at the top of the form has a form that does the math for yo. Shoot for halfway - test again in a week ( it takes that long to register on the test), then adjust accordingly. You do not want to overshoot. If you are off on your pool volume or your base CYA it will mean drain and fill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.