how did my CH get so low?

Mar 2, 2014
Cincinnati OH
Ive had my TF100 for a week and a half now. I tested everything last Thursday. My CH was 350..IF I did it right. I tested on Sunday (what I intend for my weekly tests) and my CH is 125. We did have a bunch of rain last week (probably 1.7 inches) and our pool is almost to the top right now. I can't imagine that the CH would go down so much. I also seem to have a similar issue w/ TA. Last week it was 90 and now it is 70.

I tested the chlorine today and it was at 2 (w CC at .5 -- as it has been for about the past week). Can I use the hth shock powder that has cal hypo in it? -- since I seem to need it (?)

Here are all my test numbers:

FC 2
CC .5
CH 125
pH 7.2
TA 70
CYA 41

Also, in Pool Math, the goal says TA of 70-90+ . Then there is a space called Target. Do I put a number in there or did it calculate for me? I have now mixed myself up with it all. ( IF I am to put a number in, I think I will just go for a middle number from the goal numbers. )

The CH is odd, but your pool is vinyl so low CH does not matter.

You are supposed to set the target column to what you want.

All your numbers are fine besides the low FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.