Pool leak......and now I need help

sfbeca

Jul 9, 2008
Napa, CA
I have a 15x30 above ground doughboy. We just found out it has a hole in the liner. We drained the pool, repaired the hole, replaced the sand that washed away, and started to refill..............but wait. We realized that the bottom of the pool has lots of wrinkles. Will these correct themselves? There is now about 6 inches of water in the pool, can we solve this problem with the water in the pool? Any help is welcome

Describe the wrinkles... Do you have a bottom drain, are the wrinkles firm or pliable? Do they feel at all brittle?

MY SIL got a new pool 3 summers ago. The installer put in the bottom drain and did something wrong. Water was able to get under the liner near the bottom drain. Their poor pool chemistry/technique (my BIL and SIL) resulted in the liner becoming brittle and hard and wrinkly, where the bottom drain leak was. The pool store did agree to replace the liner because of the installation defect.

Welcome to TFP!!

Stop filling the pool and address the wrinkles while you can! You may be able to gently kneed them towards the closest wall. You can also use a toilet plunger to move the wrinkles.

There is some info here or in this one from Pool Forum. If you need any help with getting the wrinkles out, I'm here almost every evening (DST)

Again, welcome here please do a little reading in Pool School - it's a great resource for the basics of pool ownership 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.