Brown stains

fssf

May 19, 2014
NZ
I am wondering if I can send you some pictures of our pool that has got brown stains all over it. I cannot seem to upload using your program. The pool was automatically overdosed with chlorine and this has made the brown appear. We have been told it is calcium and that there is nothing we can do. This is a commercial pool used for teaching children to swim so we are not at all happy that we cannot do anything to resolve this issue. Can you advise please?

Welcome to TFP!

I split your post out to its own thread to get better visibility.

We can probably help, but you'll need to post a good set of test results for the water chemistry and some information about your pool surface.

Welcome to TFP!

Are the stained areas rough, or smooth? Calcium scaling is usually rough. If smooth, they are probably iron stains. Another test you can do is to place a vitamin C tablet on one of the stained areas. If the stain lightens or vanishes it is an iron stain.

Iron stains can be removed fairly easily. Calcium scaling can also be removed, but that is a fair bit of work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.