wooshing sound from the chlorinator

Jul 4, 2008
NJ USA
last week after few days of hearing this wooshing sound from the chlorinator , i decided to remove it from the line and i found a white plastic cap about 1" in diameter stuck in the orfice ,i removed it and put the chlorinator back inline the noise was gone and the water pressure from the jets in the pool were increased. I have Fibglass 17500 gal. Inground pool and a sand filter made by Cooper industries. more than 10 calls to The manufacturer and e amils were not returens or answred can anyone tell me where this white plastic cap could have came from ?? i do not see any sand in the pool ( noticable ) amount anyway so i thought it might be from the Laterals . T :?: he filter pressure is at 11 psi steady. Thanx

That is what I thought the system is two years old , this white cap must have came from the multiport valve there is no other place it could have come from last year I close the pool and this year I opend it myself. well thanx Jason

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.