Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: wooshing sound from the chlorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

wooshing sound from the chlorinator

last week after few days of hearing this wooshing sound from the chlorinator , i decided to remove it from the line and i found a white plastic cap about 1" in diameter stuck in the orfice ,i removed it and put the chlorinator back inline the noise was gone and the water pressure from the jets in the pool were increased. I have Fibglass 17500 gal. Inground pool and a sand filter made by Cooper industries. more than 10 calls to The manufacturer and e amils were not returens or answred can anyone tell me where this white plastic cap could have came from ?? i do not see any sand in the pool ( noticable ) amount anyway so i thought it might be from the Laterals . T he filter pressure is at 11 psi steady. Thanx
    19000 Gal. Fiberglass Inground 44x18 irregular shape pool
    Heat Siphon heater , Cooper Ind. Ranger Series Sand Filter, 3/4 HP Speck pump, Astral inline Chlorinator
    Aquacheck and TF100 tester
    NJ USA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: wooshing sound from the chlorinator

That is really strange. Nothing anywhere near that large should be able to get through the filter. Unless someone put it in there when the plumbing was assembled it just doesn't make any sense.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: wooshing sound from the chlorinator

That is what I thought the system is two years old , this white cap must have came from the multiport valve there is no other place it could have come from last year I close the pool and this year I opend it myself. well thanx Jason
    19000 Gal. Fiberglass Inground 44x18 irregular shape pool
    Heat Siphon heater , Cooper Ind. Ranger Series Sand Filter, 3/4 HP Speck pump, Astral inline Chlorinator
    Aquacheck and TF100 tester
    NJ USA