Julie's Pool

From_Arizona

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2007
Glendale, AZ
This is my plan and an example from Cal Pools & Spas website of how I want the back wall to look.

Current Questions:
1) I will have stools built in the pool and plan to have them 18" round, 12" from wall and 12" apart. Since I do not know anyone with stools in their pool, I am unsure if I have the dimensions proper, and unsure how far down from the water surface they should be.

2) has anyone used artificial stone, such as culture stone, at the water line of their salt pool? Do you have any suggestions on cleaning or if any etching has occured?

<a>
PoolPlan1.jpg
</a>
<a>
untitled.jpg
</a>
EDITED from attachment to photobucket source

I love the way that looks!

Try making a mockup of the stools and see how it feels. You can use pillows or cardboard boxes or just about anything that you can pile in approximate sized piles. Then move around it, try to get into sitting position, etc. It won't be the same but it will help give you an idea of what it will be like.

I tend to mostly see shapes more like benches instead of individual stools. It may be difficult to clean around the stools. Few if any of the cleaning robots would be able to get inbetween or behind them.

The stools will be difficult to clean around, another reason to get the infloor to push some of the dirt around them. The reason for the stools is for hanging in the water and enjoying the tv in the summer afternoon.

The Ramada is not sunken since we have an irrigated lot and I am afraid of water intrusion...and did not want to caugh up the extra fpr special engineering at the edge wall.
The Ramada wall that faces east will be shaded in the afternoon, I will have a plexiglass cutout and a TV behind it. Hope this will become the afternoon hangout in the summer!

I will start working on some mock-ups to get a better feel of things. Thank you for the idea.

I got the call that my permits are ready to pick up! I leave for a long weekend tomorrow, so I have to wait until Monday to get them. Wow - calling my layout guy to see if he can come over next week and get the ball rolling - yippi!!

I have been getting a few bids back and will be seeking opinions on pool equipment soon. My target date to be swimming is August 1st, my dh laughs at me since he doesn't think it will be that soon. He is counting on next summer to swim.

Ok, two questions...

1) What is a ramada? (besides a chain motel! :p ) If I see correctly it is some sort of building or shelter?

2) what is the area behind your pool? it the first pic it looks like a retention pond. In the next pics, it looks like lawn...

Like your design a lot!

Hi Mermaid Queen,

Thank you - hope this explains.
1) a ramada is a roofed shelter to place our bbq, etc and keep out of the sun. That will be in stage 2 of my yard build.
2) i am on an irrigated lot, which means I get flood irrigation to grow a nice green lawn with farmer water every two weeks. The picture with the water was taken right after 2.5 hours of water, it was all absorbed by 12 noon the next day. This is the only way I would have a large lawn in Phoenix since the irrigated water costs $5 per hour vs. high regular household water rates.

I am just giddy with joy with the excavation happening today...I keep taking more pictures as the pool starts taking shape :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ah, that explains it all perfectly! Very nice setup!

Never having lived in an arid climate, I am a bit unfamiliar with things like that! I need some irrigation. We are in the midst of a drought, and have not even gotten to July and August, our typical drought months. Our grass is nearly dead. If we could just kill the weeds, dh would not even have to mow! :roll: I would look into some serious xeriscaping, but not sure how those types of plants tolerate rain... Not to mention what the neighbors (with their lush lawns -- they have been watering...) would think!!

On Track - steel install on Monday, gas Tuesday and Electric Tue/Wed....wow, maybe get first inspection by end of week!! Yeah - wonder if I can get shotcrete on Friday next week?

Anyone know how long Shotcret ewioll have to cure????

CAN't WAIT TO SWIM!! IT is hot here in Phoenix and my terriers are complaining about the plastic wal-mart pool!

Here are the plumbing pics from this morning, the plumbing guys just left and I will take another update later. Busy finishing my work for the day. I can't beleive how much pipe was used! EEEEK!! I certainly hope I never have a plumbing problem with my pool!!
<a>
Yard062007074.jpg
</a>
<a>
Yard062007078.jpg
</a>
<a>
Yard062007082.jpg
</a>
<a>
Yard062007080.jpg
</a>
And of course my kids complaining about the plastic pool
<a>
83.jpg
</a>

Rangeball - Yippi - now I get to ask you some questions :lol:
How easy is it to service the filters? Is it as easy to use as the brochures indicate? How long have you had yours and what method do you usually use to get the best cleaning results? How often do you have to backflush and what type of load use do you have on your pool?

Steel and Gas Pipe has been done - next on deck is the elect

Steel Work
<a>
Yard062007092.jpg
</a>
<a>
Yard062007095.jpg
</a>
Steel for bar stools
<a>
Yard062007093.jpg
</a>
Plumber has to come back to straighten out the skimmer and leaf vac
<a>
Yard062007094.jpg
</a>
Plumber also has to come back to straighten the pipe for my bubbler, it veers off at an angle
<a>
Yard062007096.jpg
</a>
Gas line run - inspection for gas is tomorrow
<a>
Yard062007091.jpg
</a>
It is amazing how easy they make the joining process of the pipe look!
<a>
Yard062007099.jpg
</a>

The Gas line has passed country inspection and my green sticker is on the pipe :-D Electrical is going in tomorrow, wchish means I will have my pool first inspection on Friday. So far all on track for gunite next week, now all depends if we want fog deck or not :?

Electric is done and I received a PASS on my inspection. Shotcrete is scheduled for Monday, July 2 - that will be ahead of schedule at 14 days after dig. We are picking tile early next week and hope that our delay in deciding that will not delay the pool progress.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.