Quick question....

I guess the only way to be sure is to run an OCLT to make sure that I am not losing FC to anything else. If that comes back ok.....I guess it is what it is. Does pH gradually creep up? I usually have to add 1/2 gal of 8.25% clorox and some acid to balance out every day. Do these numbers seem within reason or is something sinister going on?

OCLT results are in

I ran an OCLT test last night and I lost 1.5 ppm of FC. So does this definitely mean that I have something in my water? It went from 10 to 8.5

Also when the solution goes from light pink to clear, do you count the last drop?

Ok I was not counting the last drop, results are unchanged 21 drops last night, 18 drops this morning. 10.5 to 9.0 FC The water looks spectacular, crystal clear. There are always several (30-40) insects (spiders, rolly polly, worms and earwigs) in the bottom of the pool every day. I vacuum them out every other day. Could I be losing FC to those bugs as well? As far as pH is concerned I test before I add chlorine. Very little aeration....one jet that just breaks the surface. I will try and post a pic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.