Should the Liquidator be in the SWG forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
A couple of members recently expressed some concerns that the Liquidator should not have been added to the SWG forum. Unfortunately, they were unable to express themselves in a respectful way. Ridicule and accusations will not be tolerated.

We are always looking for ways to improve TFP. If anyone has some constructive comments on how the forums might be better organized we would love to hear about it. The most appropriate place to do this is in the Suggestion Box forum.

When posting, please be respectful and constructive. Remember that quite a number of people donate huge amounts of their time to keep TFP operating and to provide the best advice on swimming pools we know how to give.

Thank You
Jason
Forum Admin

No, sorry. Everything that isn't offensive can be summed up into one sentence, "A couple of members recently expressed some concerns that the Liquidator should not have been added to the SWG forum."

I wanted to keep the thread around after editing it for politeness, but there was so little left after deleting the offensive comments and the replies from people saying "why did you just say XYZ", that there really wasn't any point.

The LQ is getting more prominent placement because people are talking about it. If people start talking about some other subject at the same high rate, that new subject will also get more prominent placement.

There may well be some better way to organize the forums. If anyone has any constructive comments on how we might do that, they will be welcome in the Suggestion Box forum.

Personally I do not feel that the liquidator should be in the SWG forum since Liqudator problems have nothing to do with SWG problems and it can get confusing. I feel it should go in the equipment section if it's not going to get it's own section.

EDIT: after reading the offending threads (it's something Mods have the ability to do in case anyone is wondering) I have to say that I agree with most of the sentiments expressed about SWGS being different than other methods of chlorination and that the liquidator would be better placed in a section about automatic chlorination methods that could include peristaltic pumps, trichlor feeders, etc., since it acutally has more in common with those methods of chlorination than with a SWG or in the general equipment forum.

People do get hung up on forum set up. :-D

As a Liquidator Owner, I'll give my $0.02 if that's OK. I really don't care where the LQ threads live as long as they all live in the same place. I understand the reasoning behind moving them to the SWG forum, and I also understand these are not the same as SWG, so maybe this isn't the "best" forum for them to live.

Well since I've been threatened to be banned by previous suggestions in this thread I'll tread carefully... I think (and I said earlier in my thread that was deleted) that the liquidator should likely go under the BBB forum category... after all, you're not going to be using the liquidator unless you subscribe to BBB... it's simply a tool to make it a little easier... but I don't think it should be under SWCG... it's not in the same class... you still have to buy, transport, and pour chlorine from one container into another, and it apparently has some significant issues of it's own... A SWCG is something that people will come here with specific questions, looking for answers and they'll never have heard of a 'liquidator'... I think it'll cause confusion.

Sabot said:
How about a section called: "Chemical Distribution Systems" ? This could contain all forms. I.e. The LQ, pH Adjuster, custom systems as well as the higher end systems.

I also like this suggestion.
I understand that Jason is reluctant to create another forum, so how about deleting the review forum. You would still have to create another one, but the total number of forums stays the same, and it seems like the review forum is misused anyway, there are a lot of question type threads there that should be in the equpment forum

Randy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
EP,
I see your point....but indeed SWCG, LQ, Peristaltic pumps, Chlorine feeders all share in common that they are automated devices designed to sanitize your pool. Just my 2 cents...

I posted this in the suggestion box.."How about an "Automated chlorinator" thread to include....SWCG. LQ, Chlorine feeder, Peristaltic pumps etc..? They all deliver chlorine to the pool in an automated fashion"

As the original poster of the "I'm sorry but how did the Liquidator get in the SWCG thread?" I did not intend for it to get out of hand. If some of my comments were inappropriate, I apologize. There seems to be a fine line between disagreement and disrespect. Perhaps I stepped across it. :oops:

I also still think The Liquidator should not be in the SWG forum, for the same reasons originally stated, which I won't repeat.

Thanks again for this site and all the hard work which goes into it. :goodjob:

DLSDO said:
EP,
I see your point....but indeed SWCG, LQ, Peristaltic pumps, Chlorine feeders all share in common that they are automated devices designed to sanitize your pool. Just my 2 cents...

I posted this in the suggestion box.."How about an "Automated chlorinator" thread to include....SWCG. LQ, Chlorine feeder, Peristaltic pumps etc..? They all deliver chlorine to the pool in an automated fashion"
The biggest problem I see is that the problems faced by liquidator owners (and other systems designed to deliver liquid chlorine from a storage tank) are very different then the problems that would be faced by owners of SWCGs. The liquidator actually has more in common with a trichlor feeder than it does with a SWCG. It's a case of apples and oranges.

waterbear said:
DLSDO said:
EP,

The biggest problem I see is that the problems faced by liquidator owners (and other systems designed to deliver liquid chlorine from a storage tank) are very different then the problems that would be faced by owners of SWCGs. The liquidator actually has more in common with a trichlor feeder than it does with a SWCG. It's a case of apples and oranges.

Fair enough. How about a dedicated thread for SWCGs and another dedicated thread for "Chemical Distribution Systems" (per Sabot) or you could call it "Automated chlorinators" (per me)?....for all the other chlorine delivery systems

We have been reluctant to create new forums. There have been several comments that there are already too many forums. At the same time, I completely agree that there is practically no overlap between what gets discussed about the LQ and what gets discussed about SWGs.

Operationally they are totally different - I think we all understand tat. However, in terms of ease of use to the end user and the fact that both add chlorine and no additional additives is what makes them similar and unique from many other options. Yes there are other similar methods, but none that have their own forum with which to combine.

They were not combined because I thought it was some match made in heaven. They were combined because a user suggested that since there are so many threads about LQ's, they should have there own forum and I agreed however, as Jason pointed out, we are reluctant to start new forums. You can expect this trend to continue. We have a great many forums and navigating the site is becoming more and more cumbersome.

This was simply a way to give LQ threads a place to be without starting another forum. It's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.